Who are we?
The MG Owners' club is the largest single-make car club in the world with around 45,000 members. The club nationally is divided into Regions. In turn, the regions are sub-divided into autonomous Area Clubs of which there are around 120. Wycombe (Area 10) is one of several Area MG Owners' Clubs in Home Counties North (Region 08)
Wycombe Area MGOC (WAMGOC) recently celebrated its 25th aniversary. We have over 100 members who own a wide variety of old and new MGs. We meet for food and a chat on the first Wednesday of each month at The Gate public house in Bryants Bottom from 7pm onwards.
The club has a well organised and enthusiastic committe who are focused on providing the best events for our members.
- To further the interest of the membership in all aspects of owning, racing, showing and restoring all types of MG vehicles.
- To support the MGOC nationally in all its endeavours
- To organise or attend as many national, regional and area events as posssible
- To encourage membership of the national club.
At the meeting there is a free raffle, a book club and the monthly newsletter. We also hold various events at the evening meetings such as quizzes, photographic competitions.
Various events are organised through out the year. These include: our formal annual event, the Octagonal Run,which is held in August; various informal runs; luchtime or evening gatherings at local pubs for food and a chat.
We operate our own membership scheme, the cost of which has not increased since 1991. It is a modest £15 per year for family membership. To join WAMGOC you don't have to be a member of MGOC nationally (although we do encourage this). You don't have to live in the Wycombe area (we have many members further- afield) and you don't even need to own an MG!
As a member you will receive:
- A copy of the club newsletter which is emailded before club night. The newsletter keeps members in touch with what's going on.
- A membership card, entitling you to valuable discounts a several local retailers and MG specialists such as Summit Motors in Maidenhead.
- Full voting rights at meetings.
- The support of one of the most active Area MGOCs in the country.
Why not download a membership application form now.